Followers

Sunday 28 September 2008

Crocheted Tape/ Bruge Lace Scarf



I received my copy of crochet-a-day 2009 calendar this week, it has my tape lace (also called Bruge Lace) Scarf pattern in it (31st August)

Bruge lace is from Belgian, the town Bruges, it is made with bobbins and thread. I used to make bobbin laces (there are lots of different types) and only remembered yesterday I still had a bruge lace project on my lace pillow (the pillow is the base you make your lace on) I have not touched for about 10 years :( (the photo below)

Needle workers copied the Bruge style laces and this is called tape lace. Crocheters also copied Bruge and tape style laces and it is called crocheted tape or crocheted bruge lace.

(I normally make my own patterns but I loved this designers work, I can not remember the book this little mouse came from or where I have put the book? so I can not tell you the designers name. I really must finish this soon!!)







3 comments:

  1. Oooooooh, I like the look of that stitch. It may be just what I'm looking for as a background to my Crazy Daizy flowers. Well done for getting into Crochet pattern a day, I must go and buy a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I am definitely happy to discover this. cool job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate this post. I've been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again!

    ReplyDelete