Followers

Sunday 12 September 2010

IKnit Weekender

Habu Textiles
Heart pompoms
The Natural Dye Studio
On Friday I went to the IKnit Weekender   I had planned to just look and not buy, mmm..... not a good plan. Here's my shopping (confession) for the day.
I bought some very nice yarn from Habu Textiles they had so many beautiful yarns to choose from, it was hard to resist. Unusual combinations of wool with stainless steel, silk with stainless steel, soft merinos, ultra thin linens and hemps. Their colour range is stunning, very modern and strong.
The Natural Dye Studio I bought a couple of skiens of dazzle (a British Blue Faced Leicester supersoft wool) and precious (100% silk) all their yarns are dyed using natural plant dyes with gives them subtle shades and they have beautiful colour combinations.
My super bargain of the the day from WoolFish 100% aran weight yarn again neutral colours, greys, creams, black, browns.
Textile Garden
Textile Garden had nice pins, fasteners and buttons in wood, shell and metal perfect to go with all the neutral colours.
and my final purchases were a little gadget (love gadgets) to make heart shaped pompoms, I will try that later and something I have seen but never tried Kool-Aid drinks, no I am not going to drink with them but dye yarn with them, an experiment and blog post for the future : )

No comments:

Post a Comment