What will you do?
Here's a few ideas
- teach a friend to crochet
- crochet out in public
- read crochet bloggers posts and leave a comment to encourage them:)
- crochet a small gift for a friend
- try a different crochet style (broomstick, hairpin, filet)
- try a new stitch
- crochet with a different material (wire, recycled plastic, string)
- sort through your yarn stash (I so need to do this!!)
- visit Jimbo on his blog who created ICD, he has an excellent competition to win one of his beautiful hand craved hook (I won one several years ago and have purchased one also) at http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/international-crochet-day-approaches.html
So to celebrate I am posting the mini version of my I ♥ 1 bookmark, follow the grid or follow the symbol chart below.
Starting at bottom of pattern chart, chain 28
Chain 3 to turn which will count as first double crochet of first row.
Treble crochet (UK)/ Double crochet (USA) in 5th chain from hook. Treble crochet (UK)/ Double crochet (USA) in next 2 chains to
complete bottom right solid square of pattern.
Continue following pattern for the first row reading the graph right to left. After completing first row, chain 3 to turn to start next row.
Continue following graph until all rows are complete.
At end of row 31 fasten off.
I have some tips on decreasing in filet crochet on a previous post here at Christmas Gift Tag
ICD 2009 - Red flower
ICD 2010 - I love crochet bookmarks (2 of them) also available free as a pdf via ravelry
ICD 2011 - Hearts Bookmark
ICD 2012 - A spiral flower pattern
Have a HAPPY INTERNATIONAL CROCHET DAY :)