Followers

Monday 28 September 2015

Total Lunar Eclipse of a Super Full Moon

I stayed up last night (morning really) to see the rare total lunar eclipse (also called a blood moon) of a super full moon and it was worth it. About 3am the moon went dark and turned a deep red. Somewhere nearby I could hear someone blowing a trumpet (the same note for over an hour!), another person even nearer was chanting. I was in my garden so could not see anyone!, that with the strange noises of the local foxes gave the eclipse lots of atmosphere.
It was also a Harvest Moon - that's a full moon closest to the autumnal equinox, so Autumns on its way, Its my favourite season, I love how all the colours of the leaves change from green to orange and yellow.
If you missed last nights total lunar eclipse and super full moon combo mark your dairy as the next ones in 33 years time!


6 comments:

  1. I was wanting very much to see full moon eclipse but this night was rainy and cloudy, it was sad!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pity, that happened to me earlier in the month with the meteor shower.

      Delete
  2. Oh, you were so lucky to experience the eclipse, and even with an interesting soundtrack! :)
    Here it was cloudy, no chance of moon shots for us. It's a pity, because in the early morning the moon would have been in a nice direction seen from our home, above the lake nearby.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you missed it, it would have been perfect with your beautiful view

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete