Followers

Thursday 27 March 2008

Stitch and Craft Show at Olympia2


I went to the Stitch and Craft Show today, again at this show there was very little yarn or jewellery stands, but they had a good selection of workshops. Plus some magazines with free gifts for subscriptions (I like free gifts, even if I know they are not really free...)
We picked a handspun yarn workshop, the teacher Ruth MacGregor (check Ruths website for her book, spindles and silk tops) was excellent, explaining the processes required to produce silk from silkworm to fibre as practiced how to rotate the spindle (ours to keep and take home) and a choice of hand-dyed (by Ruth) silk tops in beautiful colours.
Before long we were spinning and I think I may now addicted :)
I could not resist buying some beautiful silk tops to play with at home :)

1 comment:

  1. Love all your new posts and bead work.
    You have been tagged. Read my blog

    ReplyDelete