Followers

Saturday 23 April 2016

Fabric Love's Swatch Kit

I saw this magazine in the supermarket last month "Love Patchwork & Quilting" (a nice magazine), really it was the free gift I saw "a fabric lovers swatch kit" and thought it was an excellent idea. It contained 100 cards, 100 double sized stickers (to stick the fabric sample to the card) and a metal keyring.
It's meant for people to stick swatches from there fabric stash onto the little pre-printed cards with  information on one side to fill in with details so you can remember your fabric name, details etc. then add to the keyring to keep to keep organised.
For me I thought it would be an excellent way to have samples of my fabric designs at hand and organised. So I made a template to fit the card tags and ordered some of my design minis from both from Woven monkey and spoonflower in the correct sizes and started organising my fabrics. I think this is so useful for co-ordinating with other fabrics, buttons, threads, zips or just for showing my fabric design, plus its so small and neat and can fit in my bag when out 'n' about. This is one of the best free gifts from a magazine I have ever had :)


6 comments:

  1. Indeed a very interesting gift! The result looks really smart.
    I had (again) a look at your fabric designs. They are so beautiful and inspiring!
    Thank you for sharing. Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely gift! How beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen your post about your designs - they are wonderful. Now you're organized and can see all fabrics you need.
    Happy week Michelle!

    ReplyDelete