Followers

Sunday 11 December 2016

Autumn or is it Winter???

I have not been blogging (except for one very small post last week) for several weeks. I have been visiting blogs but sorry I have not been commenting as much as I would have liked to. I love Autumn but it also seems to come with colds and coughs, which I always seem to get. I am OK in the day but the night air makes me cough cough cough. As this is when I usually do my blogging I have been feeling too ill to even turn the computer on.
I'll post some crochet make updates soon plus I have had several very good subscription boxes.

Is it still autumn or is it winter? (I think its a few days before it's winter) here's the Autumn coaster I should have posted weeks ago.


 Matches the charts  "Beckia", "Gwein" and "Belinda"

Here is the August coaster graph and symbol chart 


The chart below could be also worked for other crafts - cross stitch, knitting, beading.

 
INSTRUCTIONS: 
Note: Where the pattern states Treble crochet UK/ Double crochetUSA if you follow UK crochet instructions do a treble, if you follow USA instructions do a double crochet DO NOT do both!

Starting at bottom of chart/ graph chain 82 and another 3 chains to turn (this will count as the first treble crochet UK/ double crochet USA) of first  the row. 

Treble crochet UK/ Double crochet USA into the 5th chain from hook. Double crochet in next 2 chains to complete bottom right solid square of row 1.

Continue following pattern for first row reading chart/ graph right to left. After completing first row, chain 3 to turn to start next row.

Continue following chart/graph until all rows are complete. At end of row 27 fasten off.


MATERIALS :

(Crochet cotton size 10) About 76 metres/ 83 yds, hook size 1.5mm/ US size 7 steel crochet hook or SIZE FOR GAUGE.

APPROXIMATE FINISHED SIZES:

Using Crochet cotton size 10: width = 40.1 cm/ 6.2 inches, height = 43.5 cm/ 6.8 inches

GAUGE:

Using Crochet cotton size 10: 10 squares = 14.8 cm/ 2.3 inches, 10 rows = 16.1 cm/ 2.5 inches

HOW TO READ PATTERN:

Each solid square is equal to 4 Treble crochets UK/ 4 Double crochets USA. Each open square is equal to 1 Treble crochet UK/ 1 Double crochet USA, followed by 2 chains, followed by 1 Treble crochet UK/ 1 Double crochet USA. The Treble crochet UK/ Double crochet USA at the end of each square also counts as the first Treble crochet UK/ Double crochet USA of the next square. For example, a solid square followed by an open square is 4 double crochets,
2 chains, 1 Treble crochet UK/ 1 Double crochet USA.

For those that prefer to follow a symbol chart I have included one for you



If you do make the coaster, don't forget to link via ravelry, or let me know how you got on :)
The Winter coster is coming soon

6 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope you will feel much better soon. And I can say that my life became much better since I started to use a saltwater solution for cleaning the nasal passages. And honey against the sore throat!
    The pattern is very elegant, as yours are always.
    I seem to have missed your previous post. It's very beautiful. We have had much snow for several weeks now so for us it's clearly winter. :)
    Stay well and enjoy these days before Christmas! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, starting to feel more like me now 👍💟

      Delete
  2. Dear Nezumi, happy New year! I wish you good health and peaceful year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, A Very Happy New Year to you too! 💟💟💟

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank You, A Very Happy New Year to you too! Sara 💟💟💟

      Delete